Director: Paul Mazursky
Principal Actors: Art Carney, Tonto the Cat
Everything either changes or dies. Observe it, accept it, and keep moving on.
Evicted from his lifelong apartment in New York, old-guy Harry and his old cat Tonto take a road trip west meeting sweet, eccentric people along the way.
- The death of your generation and its culture
- Meeting strangers is transformative
- Individualism vs community
- Animals as family
- Is the world really getting more dangerous, or do we just perceive it to be more so?
- 1970s economy referred to as the “worst since the Great Depression” — gave me hope that the dire economy now will eventually get better
- Melanie Mayron (eccentric photographer in Thirtysomething) as a kooky young runaway with crazy round glasses
- A road movie in which nothing bad happens to the travelers
- Larry Hagman as a wanna-be West Coast playboy with a penchant for tightly tied neck scarves