Director: Stanley Kubrick
Principle actors: Matthew Modine, Vincent D’Onofrio
It’s impossible to be ironic, detached, intellectual, and objective in war.
A journalist enlists in the Marines, and we follow his journey from basic training to reporting on the front during the Tet Offensive.
- The importance of chain of command
- Sadism and bullying
- The desire for peace vs vengeance
- Price of freedom via militarism
- Hearing the origin of 2 Live Crew’s “Me So Horny” samples
- John Terry (Christian Shepard on Lost) as a journalist lieutenant
- Seeing the origin of R. Lee Ermey’s drill sergeant persona in pop culture